Rick Tyler

Default Rot Conclusion

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 08:28:06 -0500, "Keith"
wrote:

"Consultant": N. "Someone who comes in from out of town and shows slides."

Seriously, rot is just a fact of life. What are folks going to do when you
can't get treated lumber for your outdoor projects any longer. I understand
it will be banned soon. Probably due to the efforts of the steel and
concrete industries.

CCA treated lumber has arsenic in it. Arsenic is bad. The lumber
industry has already created other pressure-treating techniques that
use chemicals that work just as well but are not nearly so toxic to
mammals. I believe that CCA will be gone in the US in the next few
years, to be replaced by other materials.

- Rick Tyler