Ed Edelenbos

Default Glue blue poly tarp?

Sorry to inject one thread into another... but, one site I saw combined
the 2...

It had study plans for a small boat and instead of stitch and glue, it
used duct tape. Instead of using wire or wire ties, you just duct tape
the seams on the outside and then continue on with typical s&g
construction. Red Green would be proud.

Ed

Fred Williams wrote:
I think the plywood discusssion elsewhere in this group could use a healthy
shot your "insight"! :-)

"Brian D" wrote in message

That's what I was going to say...if you want all that nice aesthetic

appeal

of blue tarp, then you can make it even prettier with some nice silver

duct

tape. Remember, "If the women don't find you handsome, then at least make
sure they find you handy."

Brian

--
- Remove the uppercase NS' characters from my email address
"Keith" wrote in message

There's no glue that will work with polyethylene or polypropylene. I

spent

lot of years TRYING to formulate one... I'd be rich if I could.

You can heat weld as someone mentioned with an iron, but practice on

some

scrap first. You CAN make things stick a little better by oxidizing the
surface with a torch, but that's probably impractical with a thin tarp.
Glenn's tape sounds promising, or just use duct tape on BOTH sides of

your

seam.

Now if you can find tarps made of PVC or Hypalon, you can glue those.

--

Keith
__

doing --

the other half is
that he knows what you're doing.
"Joseph Palazzolo" wrote in message

I was thinking there might be some type of solvent similar to that

used

weld PVC pipe.

Joe Palazzolo
Done Deal

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message

I have had moderate success with double faced tarp tape from

Northern

Hydraulics. It last about as long as the blue tarps. (Which don't

last

all that long in the first place.)

Joseph Palazzolo wrote:

Is it possible to glue blue plastic tarp? If so, what glue should

be

used?

Joe Palazzolo
Done Deal

--
Glenn Ashmore

I'm building a 45' cutter in strip/composite. Watch my progress (or

lack

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com