Rick Tyler

Default What type of boat is the Parker 2830

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:53:44 GMT, "David Ward"
wrote:

This is no doubt ridiculous, but it has been bugging me for a
while - it seems to fill the bill for walkaround, cuddy, ?sedan?,
shortened lobster (without winch)...
go to
http://www.parkerboats.net/ and look at the 2830 Extended Cabin
or
http://www.johnson-marine.com/riggedboats/rig2830.htm for
lotsa pictures...

...but it looks to me like exactly the kind of configuration I
want - so if I was looking for different plans, or wanted to
look at different builders versions of the same basic design,
where/to whom would I go?

Ted Brewer's Deer Isle 24 and 28 are very much like that:
http://www.tedbrewer.com/power/deerisle24.htm.

So are Devlin's Surf Scoters:
http://www.devlinboat.com/dcsurfscoter25.htm.

And in a smaller size, Jacques Mertens' Down East Cruiser:
http://www.boatplans-online.com/prod....php?prod=DE23 (I think
Jacques designed it, although it might have been his West Coast Design
Studio, aka Evan Gatehouse).

- Rick Tyler