Dave Cannell

Default Highlander Trailer - VIN # location

If nothing else he may have to register it as a homemade trailer, that's
if they're not getting so sticky as to require receipts for all the
building materials.

The VIN tag SHOULD be quite visible if it's still on the trailer.

Dave Cannell
--
In article , Debra wrote:
I recently sold a 17' sailboat with a Highlander trailer to someone
who lives in PA and will use it a lot more than me. However, he's now
calling and asking if I know the location of the VIN # plate on the
trailer. Seems the official in PA from whom he has to get the title
transfer wants a tracing (rubbing?) of the acutal VIN # plate, not
just the previous title. Now this trailer was originally titled in NH
(have a copy of the title with VIN #), then I bought it and titled it
in VA (have copy of title with VIN #) no problem, but it seems the PA
official won't accept the two previous titles as authority for the VIN
#. The new owner is talking of junking a perfectly good trailer (with
brand new tires) because he's been unable to locate the VIN # plate.

Does anyone know where he might find the plate?