Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Will losses at Bank of America...

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:

Where the hell were you getting a 20% return?
You gotta have you finance guy putting you in the right funds.

I'll tell you, I have to give you guys credit for having the balls to let
a "finance" guy manage your money and/or investments for retirement.

Maybe I could have made more, maybe not, but I like using common sense
and doing it myself rather than rely on some person who makes a living
using your money. Nope. No way.

Eisboch (with due apologies to all those CPA's/CFP's out there)

He makes his money selling you investments with a high profit margin for
himself.

Depends. You do not want a financial planner who makes money on the trades.
You want one who takes a percentage of total portfolio. He has a large
incentive to grow that portfolio. As to using a CFP, I am thinking about
it, as it seems as I age, I have less desire to do the tracking required for
investing.
we are traveling a lot these days.