posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Microwave leak detector - active radar reflectors

BrianH wrote in news:a110e$47963cb8$50dbe397$5452
@news.hispeed.ch:

I've been recently following a few MAIB (UK) yacht/ship
collision reports and I am mystified why the yacht failed to
attempt to use a serviceable VHF radio to warn that they
were being run down. The much-publicised loss of the Ouzo
off the Isle of Wight in 2006 is a classic example. This is
especially so when compared to the banal chat I often hear
from many yachts calling their buddies.

You'd think the ship was from another galaxy the way some yachties are
afraid to talk to them. It's crazy.