Matt Lang

Default proper motor flusher use on Merc OB

Shawn Willden wrote in message ...
Bill Sheffield wrote:

Don't rev the engine while using the "Muffs"

Nothing higher than idle?

Also, is there any harm in putting the outdrive in gear while out of the
water with the muffs on? It's obviously important to make sure the prop is
clear, but assuming it is, could idling in gear do any damage?

Yes. do NOT rev the engine on the hose. 2000 rpm for short period of
time should be the maximum.

I always put my motors in gear (25 & 125) ... I dont think it would
cause damage. Just make sure the prop is clear and keep yourself, kids
and animals far away.

matt