posted to rec.boats.electronics
Peter Bennett Peter Bennett is offline

Default GPS antenna location

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:51:04 -0800 (PST), Rob
wrote:

I have been getting conflicting advice about relative position in
regard to my radar dome. Both will be mounted on my mast about 12 to
24 inches apart. I have a choice of having the GPS right below the
bottom of the dome or I could put an extension and have it extend a
few inches above the dome. Any advice?
Thanks
Bob

Either is fine, as long as the GPS antenna is clearly outside of the
radar beam. (Although on a previous boat, an ancient GPS
antenna/receiver was mounted about a foot from a 4 KW radar scanner,
right in the beam, with no apparent problems.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca