posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jeannette[_2_] Jeannette[_2_] is offline

Default GPS antenna location

Rob wrote:
I have been getting conflicting advice about relative position in
regard to my radar dome. Both will be mounted on my mast about 12 to
24 inches apart. I have a choice of having the GPS right below the
bottom of the dome or I could put an extension and have it extend a
few inches above the dome. Any advice?
Thanks
Bob

I put mine on top of the stern arch and that's a mistake. Once in a
while I get some reading of 50 knots or more. I think they are caused by
the rocking or rolling of the boat. I would put the antenna as low as
possible near the center of motion that has a clear view of the sky. You
know there is a place on the boat that actually doesn't move. Put it
there. :-)

Jeannette