posted to rec.boats.electronics
John Navas John Navas is offline

Default GPS antenna location

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:51:04 -0800 (PST), Rob
wrote in
:

I have been getting conflicting advice about relative position in
regard to my radar dome. Both will be mounted on my mast about 12 to
24 inches apart. I have a choice of having the GPS right below the
bottom of the dome or I could put an extension and have it extend a
few inches above the dome. Any advice?

Why put your GPS antenna way up there? GPS works well as long as it has
a clear view of the sky, and it's best to keep the cable run as short as
possible. I've not had any problems with antennas mounted on the stern
pulpit.

--
Best regards,
John Navas http:/navasgroup.com