Larry W4CSC

Default Optimax Spark Plug changes

How long should spark plugs last operating inside a blowtorch,
anyways?......

On 27 Aug 2003 18:04:06 -0700, (Jim Martin) wrote:

Not trying to rehash old stuff or start an argument but I am new to
the outboard motor game. My ski club currently has a hydrodyne with
twin 150 Optimax's (2001) and a single rig with a 225 efi (2000). At
a recent meeting the question of spark plugs came up as one of the
opti's is running poorly (idle). Someone suggested changing the plugs
in all 3 motors. Is spark plug changing a matter of routine
maintenace or is it more of an "at failure" issue. I ask because all
of my experience as been with newer inboard motors which rarely ever
need plug changes. We have no local dealer for support and at $20 a
plug we could use some advice.
Thanks
Jim

Larry W4CSC

Isn't it becoming more practical by the day to make
Iraq's desert the new World Nuclear Waste Disposal Site?