-rick-

Default Don't trailer with motor tilted up. How about under way?

"Steve Alexanderson" wrote...
What does Panther say about trailering? I just received info from

Garelick,
where they advise removing the engine before trailering. Presumably

bouncing
off three foot waves at 40MPH is fine (no warning against anyway) , but
trailering on pavement isn't. Aargh!

I trailer with the kicker down so I've never questioned Panther about it.
From the looks of it it should be fine but who knows, they probably have
lawyers too...

Any other recommendations? I need to change out my fixed bracket anyway,
it's way to wimpy. I thought a raise/lower bracket like the Garlick would
solve both problems. I don't really need a powered device.

Beats me. The cheapest way is probably a good fixed bracket and the
kicker's tilt. On the trailer a transom saver could be used, on the water a
block and/or strap might suffice to protect the kicker's tilt. As a
practical matter I bet either the Garlick or Panther would hold up although
it wouldn't hurt to add a short safety chain and inspect regularly. I
trailered a 8hp extra-long shaft Merc in the up position for years without
incident.

-rick-