Jim Jim is offline

Default A question about radio, sound, "wave length" etc.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message

What sort of tool would you use to measure wavelength.?

A wavelength measurer, of course.
Or, you could use this:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/freqwavelengthcalc.html

Eisboch

I would prefer something simple like a formula or pocket sized measuring
tool. This wavelength stuff just doesn't make sense. I think there must
be more to the equasion besides frequency and meters like the speed of
light or sound or megapixles per googles.

Wavelength = speed divided by frequency.

For RF, speed is the speed of light, or 186,000 miles per second, or for
antenna length purposes,
299,792,458 meters per second.

Freq is the frequency in hertz or hz or Hz or cycles per second or
whatever they call it now.

You do the math. I use the simple little web page computer calculators,
like:

http://eosweb.larc.nasa.gov/EDDOCS/wavelength.html

Eisboch

I knew you would know that. Tom too.