posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default External Wifi Antenna

It is being used as a client, not as an access point to receive WiFi in
various marinas I visit.

Then is it passing DHCP requests to the host network? Or is it acting as a
router to the local network, via NAT? It'll make a difference as the host
network may well have limited a DHCP address range. I've run mine as
gateway routers. That way my local equipment is protected from the other
wireless systems. That and it handles it's own DHCP address range.

I've yet to find any client software I needed to use that failed to work.
But if there were such software it'd probably fail as a direct client
anyway. Unless ports were opened on the source Wifi router to allow the
traffic to pass (unlikely if you don't own the source router).