posted to rec.boats.electronics,alt.internet.wireless
Patrick Harman Patrick Harman is offline

Default External Wifi Antenna

Your comment about DHCP appears to be right on the money. There is an option
in the set up to enable DHCP for dynamic addressing from the access point.
When I go to my boat later I will configure it per your
suggestion/observation.

Thanks,

Pat Harman

"Bill Kearney" wrote in message
Bingo I am on line great signal strength etc. The only problem is I have
to click repair every so often from the icon that represents my network
from the windows network dialog box.

Sounds like the DHCP lease is timing out. Determining the source of the
problem would depend on how the leases are being distributed. Is your
router setting up it's own DHCP? Or is it acting as a relay back to the
WiFi network? If it's acting as a relay then source Wifi network may not
have a large enough DHCP range. It may be running out of addresses due to
you and everyone else trying to connect.

At this point your conversation is probably better continued in the
alt.internet.wireless newsgroup