posted to rec.boats.electronics
Patrick Harman Patrick Harman is offline

Default External Wifi Antenna

It is being used as a client, not as an access point to receive WiFi in
various marinas I visit.

Pat
"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
Patrick Harman wrote:
I got this device to finally work.You have to go into configuration via
your web browser to search for available Wi-Fi signals.

after you select one you go back in to the network set up in windows to
change the IP address to dynamic. then you launch the web browser again.

Bingo I am on line great signal strength etc. The only problem is I have
to click repair every so often from the icon that represents my network
from the windows network dialog box.

At this point it would probably be helpful to know what version of Windows
you are using and how you connect to the internet (dial up with a modem,
cable, DSL, or other full time wideband system, etc.)

Sorry I have not used the correct syntax, but I think you understand what
I did.

The documentation goes into lots of detail on how to configure the devise
and absolutely none on how to get on line after you have configured it.

What mode is the EOC-3320 in? Assuming you have access to a Wide Area
Network (WAN) connection for Internet access and the 3220 is being used as
an Access Point (AP), a typical method would be for the 3220 to be
connected to an Ethernet port on a router and for the WAN port on the
router to be connected to the WAN port on a cable or DSL modem. But there
are many variations on how this can be done.

It sounds like your PC is wirelessly connected to the AP (3220) and you
need to get the AP connected to something that is connected to the
Internet.

I'm not a real networking expert, I tend to have to keep trying and doing
different things over and over and I eventually get it working. Good luck
with that!

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA (jackerbes at roadrunner dot com)
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine dot com)