posted to rec.boats.electronics,alt.internet.wireless
Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default External Wifi Antenna

Bingo I am on line great signal strength etc. The only problem is I have
to click repair every so often from the icon that represents my network
from the windows network dialog box.

Sounds like the DHCP lease is timing out. Determining the source of the
problem would depend on how the leases are being distributed. Is your
router setting up it's own DHCP? Or is it acting as a relay back to the
WiFi network? If it's acting as a relay then source Wifi network may not
have a large enough DHCP range. It may be running out of addresses due to
you and everyone else trying to connect.

At this point your conversation is probably better continued in the
alt.internet.wireless newsgroup