Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default going wrong way

Brian Whatcott wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:40:16 -0500, Marty wrote:

wrote:
Oh yeah...forgot for a minute that you 'sail' for the dark side.
Marty wrote:
Yeah, but it's pretty much a bitch to do canals and inland waterways
under sail. I'd love to hear the conversation with the lock master when
you tell him you intend to sail into his lock.

He might like that better than if you told him you were going to be
towed in by mules.

Alas, poor Yorick, where have the old ways gone?

Cheers
Marty, (did Yorick have mules?)

I have seen a dray pulling a heavy barge often enough - but not
a mule.

Aren't switching/shunting engines sometimes referred to a "mules", in
which case there's quite a few ships moves through the Panama Canals
with mules? ;-O

Cheers
Marty