Del Cecchi Del Cecchi is offline

Default Aluminum boats welding (Hewes, Duckworth, Bolton)

"Canuck57" wrote in message

"Del Cecchi" wrote in message

"Canuck57" wrote in message

Actually the 3/16 does logs fine.

Sure better than 0.090 or 0.100.

Went fishing once in a tin can on a lake in the middle of Wisconsin,
Tomahawk I think. Found a large bay, and said this water does not
look right and slowed down. I was right, found out later why too.
In the winter if it freezes they dump stumps and logs into it for
bass and it would be like a mine field if you hit that with much more
than adrift speed.

If it freezes? This the tomahawk lake near rhinelander? No "if"
involved. And I figure the logs are left over from the logging era,
but maybe they dump them in also.

Yep, that would be the one. North mostly west side of the lake, under
the tracks leading into a river feed. Nice Muskie up there too, mine
got away but close enough to see the critter. Caught a 23" walleye of
all things in the river too. Once under the tracks, going upstream
stick to the right as in the center to the left shore, quite a few dead
heads just inches under water. But sneak your boat in there and the
smallies be a in there. Especially near the small island to the west
and shore to the south.

While they were not like the 5 pounders I really like, usually 10-15",
the quantity was awesome when I was there.

Pike were good in a pool off the river not 1 mile up the river.

A local resort owner told me it was deliberate to foster a breading
ground. Lots of stumps, even in the open waters you would snag one once
and awhile. Being an artificial lake, not a bad place to fish. I hit
that lake 3 times, always in September.

Well, it is possible they put them in but I am really skeptical. That
whole area was logged off around 1900 and the logs floated to the
sawmills. Some percent of them sank and are still there. see

http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/...OPTR=119&REC=9

or

http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/...ORT=descri%7Cf

There is another railway crossing to the east. Hit that area good.
Mostly small walleye.

good fishing in that country for sure.