Calif Bill

Default The Latest Bush-ism...

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:10:58 -0400, "Gary Warner"
wrote:

"Greg O" wrote in message
That's what happens when you use one of these high performance

newsreaders!
Go old OE could care less what the header reads. It groups them because

it
is a response to the previous post. Change the header completely in

your
response and OE still sticks it where it belongs!

Just pulling your chain a bit. I have used a few different news

readers,
but
stick with OE. It is simple, and it does what I want.
Greg

Here. Here. People seem to bash Outlook Express quite a lot
but it's essentially free (comes with windows), does everything
I need, is easy to use, is easy to setup, starts up quickly, etc.

And you can call it an email program if you want but it's
got lots of tools for reading newsgroups that have NOTHING
to do with email. It's really both tools in one. And it
handles them both just fine.

Yes, and OE is the garbage disposal of e-mail clients.

It inhales every worm, trojan and virus that comes along.

I have both Free Agent and OE. I prefer OE for news. Better treading. As
to sucking up virus, etc. Set it to not run java scripts and other HTML
active X programs. IF you want to run them then you have to click on the
link. Plus I have Norton anti-virus and a firewall, so have not had a virus
in years. And that was from a work machine, that was already infected when
they gave me the floppies from it.
Bill