Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] is offline

Default Help needed - Computer stuff

HK wrote:
JimH wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
On Jan 10, 8:07 am, John H. wrote:
I have a 160 GB external hard disk to which I tried to back up my
documents
and settings using the Windows backup system.

After about a half hour, I get a message saying there's not enough
room for
the backup, and that if the hard disk is FAT 32, the backup can be no
larger than 4 GB. So I checked, and sure enough, the external HD is
FAT 32.

Now what? I already have about 50 GB of stuff on the external HD
that I
don't want to lose by reformatting (if that's what's required).
--
John H

Don't make it any more complicated than it needs to be. Just by a new
big external HD, they are cheap.

What's next? A treatise on computer science from the ReggieJerk that
summarizes something he read somewhere?

All Herring has to do is CONVERT the drive from FAT32 to NTFS. It is
a simple, straightforward procedure and the data on the drive will
still be there.

This is turning out to be just as funny as the battery charger thread
he started.

BTW: You were spot on regarding conversion of FAT32 to NTFS. Even a
10 year old kid can do it w/o a problem.

It obviously is too complicated a procedure for many of the "computer
experts" here, who suggested he needed a new hard drive, a new computer,
a new operating system, a new hairpiece, new teeth, whatever. Some of
these "computer experts" probably have the same level of "boating
expertise."

It is cute to watch Harry and JimH high fiving each other over this.
The only thing missing is for Don to repeat whatever harry says.