John H.[_3_] John H.[_3_] is offline

Default Help needed - Computer stuff

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:19:39 -0500, "Jim" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
I have a 160 GB external hard disk to which I tried to back up my documents
and settings using the Windows backup system.

After about a half hour, I get a message saying there's not enough room
for
the backup, and that if the hard disk is FAT 32, the backup can be no
larger than 4 GB. So I checked, and sure enough, the external HD is FAT
32.

Now what? I already have about 50 GB of stuff on the external HD that I
don't want to lose by reformatting (if that's what's required).
--
John H

You need to reformat Fat 32 wont work. Sorry. You will need to copy that 50
GB back and start over. But you know that now.
The manual for the hard drive should explain hoe to do it

I was afraid of something like that. Damn.
--
John H