Default Handicapping Iowa...

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 23:15:16 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

I was going to ask if you were OK with religion getting too involved
with
government, but I forgot something: You'll never provide a straight
answer
to that question.

I love this kind of debate technique. Make a statement as if it were
fact,
then question the answer to a baseless question assuming that fact.

Doug is very good at it, but when you pin him down, it's just all
narcissistic strut. Ever notice that when he gets pinned into a
corner, he tries to shift the discussion in a new direction? Or he'll
turn the discussion into a snark fest?

I used to think Doug had a solid streak of intellectual curiosity in
him - now I know better - he's just another prejudiced self-hating
social misfit who can't get along with anybody.

And yet, the reality is that you will never discuss religion mingling too
much with government. You hauled out the "we have a Christian heritage"
blather instead, a target that's easier to shoot than the side of a barn.