Scott W.

Default quietest outboards, some details.

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:52:27 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:
A tiller 40 hp? Is there some sort of steering assist built into it?

Harry,
Up north in walleye country there are a lot of V4 tiller rigs in use on the
back of 18-20' boats.

Bill Grannis

Wow....the biggest tiller motor I ever drove was a 25 hp Big Twin in the
1950s, and it was a bear.

Right now I've got a 12.5 ft. Zodiac with a 25 on it. No problems
handling that. I'm looking at a 15 footer but want to see what's
available for power before buying it. Its rated for 50 hp, but due to
the small size and my need for full cargo space, I want a tiller. The
E tec 40, 50 and 60 are all the same motor re. bore/stroke/weight,
etc. If I'm going to put an E tec on it, I might as well go with the
50 since there's no more weight on the transom than with the 40.
A dealer told me yesterday that the 40 is the only one available with
a tiller. Is there something he doesn't know? Would you have to buy
the full remote kit, plus the add on tiller?

Scott W.