HPEER HPEER is offline

Default communication question

Ken Marino wrote:
Fairly new to the group. My wife and I purchased a 40' sailboat about 6
months ago and are ready for our first long trip, We plan to spend 2-3
months in the Florida keys and Bahamas--mostly the latter. Any suggestions
on a reasonably priced ( I know cheap is out of the question ) phone and
or data plans out there? Many thanks in advance for any and all
suggestions. Also open to starting an ongoing exchange of experiences with
any who have done or are doing similar trips.

Another option would be to get a sat phone, preferably Iridium. I
bought a used phone for $750 and can get minutes in blocks of 500 for
about $1.20 per minute. Data connections are available.

And they work everywhere. And incoming calls are charged to the caller,
discourages interruptions.

Maybe a bit over the top but it is an option.