Paul Cassel Paul Cassel is offline

Default communication question

Ken Marino wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:26:29 -0700, Paul Cassel wrote:

Ken Marino wrote:
Fairly new to the group. My wife and I purchased a 40' sailboat about 6
months ago and are ready for our first long trip, We plan to spend 2-3
months in the Florida keys and Bahamas--mostly the latter. Any
suggestions on a reasonably priced ( I know cheap is out of the
question ) phone and or data plans out there? Many thanks in advance
for any and all suggestions. Also open to starting an ongoing exchange
of experiences with any who have done or are doing similar trips.

I cruised this area using my Verizon standard plan phone. It worked
withing sight of land just fine. How far offshore are you planning on
needing a telephone?

Thanks Paul, how bad were the per minute charges while in the Bahamas?

Sorry, I can't help you here. I never tried making a call there.

-paul