Bob Bob is offline

Default Sea Anchors and Drogues

On Jan 4, 10:08*am, wrote:

Running off is much easier on the boat and the crew than riding to a
sea anchor or even heaving to. *The faster you go the easier the
ride.

I dunno about that, most times it has seemed to me that heaving-to
provides the smoothest motion... the problem is that the vessel is not
under command and cannot avoid being tossed in the largest crests.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Hello Doug:

Did you watch the USCG clip of Red Cloud bobbing along durring the
"rescue"? I noticed what appeard to be two lines off the port bow.
Look as though someone on the REd Cloude rigged a "Pardey Bridle"
attached to a para-sea anchor. ANy thoughts?
Bob