Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Handicapping Iowa...

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:56:30 -0000, wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 07:41:26 -0500, HK wrote:

I was surprised but not displeased by Obama's win in Iowa. He's a very
appealing guy, and articulate. My fear is that despite his qualities, in
a general election, whitey isn't going to vote for "the black guy."

Some whiteys, perhaps, but Iowa is 2.5% black. There were a lot of white
people who caucused for him. While I think it's silly, I've heard more
grumbles about Romney's Mormon religion, than I have about Obama being
black, or Hillary being female.

You would be surprised.

Without specifically stating who, what and where, I have a very close
relationship with one of the members of the interviewing committee for
a major national Union with an eye towards endorsements.

This particular person did not care for Senator Obama at all - thought
he was an empty suit with nothing to recommend him other than he has a
nice appearance and an pleasing speaking style. Senator Clinton came
across well, but didn't really have any answers, refused to articulate
any specific answers to questions only answering in broad,
non-specific statements. Senator Edwards was a non-sequitar - smarmy
and, this is kind of amusing, late by 40 minutes. Everybody else was
an also ran.

Oddly, this individual, a true blue Democrat/Unionist liked what
Huckabee had to say with the sole exception of his approach to the A
word. Also McCain.

Very interesting - small sample I know, but still...