Default Handicapping Iowa...

"HK" wrote in message

John McCain is too conservative for my taste on several issues, but he'd
be a more than competent president. I do worry about his age, though. I
don't think the Repubs are wise enough to nominate him.

My dad's 86 and still runs a company. His intelligence, energy and
competence are almost intimidating to people who haven't worked with him for
a while. Never count anyone out because of age. I think McCain would do just
fine. And, I don't think he'd cave in completely to the religious right.

I wonder when we'll have a candidate who's ready to kick the jambs out from
under the right wing religious freaks by addressing the issues that concern
them, but in ways that they hate (because those ways make sense).