[email protected] thunder@TAKEOUTgti.net is offline

Default Handicapping Iowa...

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 07:11:16 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

People have had it with the current state of affairs and are looking for
a breath of fresh air, I think. That includes the "business as usual"
candidates of both parties like Clinton and McCain, so it really only
leaves Obama and possibly Romney. I don't think Romney would stand a
chance against Obama, even if he manages to get the nomination.

Edwards is still a remote possibility however.

Eisboch

I don't think it's only the current state of affairs. All the way back
to Carter, the winning candidate has portrayed themselves as an
outsider. That would include the consummate insider Bush I, who managed
to run as an outsider. I think there is, and has been, and incredible
undercurrent of disgust with anything Washington. Obama, and perhaps
Huckabee, has tapped into that.

I still think Huckabee may be a long shot. Money and national
organization may be lacking. Of course, that could change with a good
showing in New Hampshire, but that too, may be a long shot.