Red Red is offline

Default Sea Anchors and Drogues

I understand ships, not just boats, still occasionally go missing
without a trace. Hard to believe what with COMSATS and so on.

Casady

I was reading a weather and safety related site (can't recall the name
at the moment) a few months ago which had the figure of major ships gone
missing without a trace each year around the globe as averaging around
200. Since there was no way to determine what happened to them they
provided no breakdown as the reason why they were wissing. I assume at
least a few of them may be from hijacking/piracy as has been found in
Somolia and elswhere.
Red