Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Sea Anchors and Drogues

On Thu,2 Jan 2008 14:32:38 -0600, "Stu" wrote:

Wild ride, seas 35-40 feet,
a few rolled over the deck. You may not remember, but on Gamgee I had

The 30 to 40 foot seas the Queen Mary was running in , during a winter
Atlantic crossing, were no big deal for a ship that big. Then one
flooded the wheelhouse, over ninty feet above sea level.Took out the
glass. She rolled to within a degree or two of the capsize. I wonder
just how many small boats disappear due to a much bigger than average
rogue wave.
I understand ships, not just boats, still occasionally go missing
without a trace. Hard to believe what with COMSATS and so on.

Casady