Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Sea Anchors and Drogues

"Stu" wrote in message
.. .
Yea I need to buy a real drogue for the new boat. I hope if I purchase
well made drogue, maybe I will never again see such waves again.
I am not keen on sea anchors, especially off the bow. A sea anchor slows
the boat's speed. When off the bow, you end up going backwards, different
type of stress put on a boat, think of that rudder getting hammered.

Stu

A drouge off the stern slows the boat as well, but I see your point and
agree with it. It seems that the rudder would also be under similar, but
perhaps not quite as much, stress with a drouge. Another thing to consider
is the safety of being able to deal with the drouge from the cockpit area
vs. the bow area.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com