posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Message to Joe From Bobsplat

Grandstanding piece of NY crud!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

groups.com...
Joe....hopefully you'll read this:

All of us at ASA were saddened to hear of Red Cloud's

troubles and far
happier that all of you were rescued in good condition.
Don't think for a minute that anyone will make light of

this. You had
a well found boat, but no vessel is invincible and bad

conditions can
take their toll. Looking at that video of Red Cloud

fighting in bad
weather gave me a LOT of respect for you. I'm sitting in

my warm house
typing this and you were actually out there, taking

chances and taking
on the ocean. You were walking the walk and my hat is off

to you, sir.
If Red Cloud is lost you STILL saved her. You brought her

back to life
and she ended on the terms we all hope for. A boat like

Red Cloud,
rusting away her final days like a slow cancerous death is

all too
common an end. She deserved better and and got it. She

went out the
right way, if there is such a thing....and no boat can

truly live
forever.
You lost this time, but you can recover to sail again,

Joe. I doubt my
little cheer of encouragement will do much, but I just

wanted you to
know (and I'll risk being the "voice" of ASA in earnest

for a moment)
that all of us applaud your efforts and hope you'll sail

again someday
soon.

We all wish you the very best for the coming years.

Robert
35s5 Heart of Gold
NY