Larry Larry is offline

Default Red Cloud Abandoned!

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

Freeboard however, could have been a problem. The reports indicate
that it was the cabin and upperworks that were failing and having them
closer to the waterline might have made a difference in the boarding
of a big sea. Still, 10,000 pounds of beans should only have sunk her
about half a foot and they took some other stuff off to compensate so
the weight probably wasn't a factor in this accident.

--
Roger Long

It would be hard to put that much bulk below the waterline, so we may
assume it would be, mostly, above, making an interesting balance equation,
given her already heavy steel construction above the waterline never
designed for heavy freight hauling in the first place.

Wonder what her keel draft and counterbalance weight was....??

Larry
--
Next time some broker tells you what a great investment he's selling,
ask him about Rhodium, a shiny metal used in Catalytic Converters.