[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Later all Time to go to a NYE gig.

On Jan 2, 4:21*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:58:25 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

You've got it made! *There's nothing *around my place to hear a good
blues band, that is unless I go 100 mi. to the St. Louis area then
there the blues joints seem to be a dime a dozen

I like "blues" in general, but most of the time you see amateur blues
bands that suck - big time.

Kind of ruins it for me.

Funny story about blues music. *Way back in time, New Orleans Civic
Auditorium - BB King and band.

I was still in the service and of my buddies got five of us tickets -
excellant seats - third row back/center - out freakin' standing.

I'm normally oblivious to things and I didn't notice that I was the
only white guy sitting in that area - meaning floor seats - kinda
stood out if you get what I mean.

So I'm digging on the music and having a great time - first set goes
by, break, then out for the second set. *Band is starting up with some
kind of high energy R&B thing and BB steps up to the microphrone,
starts with Lucille and says - "This one's for the white guy down
front" and swings into this rockin' blues number. *I'm thinking "white
guy down front" then my buddy says "I think he means you". *I look
around and sure enough... *:)

Pretty cool. *

Had a similar experience when I went with a bunch of buds to see
Earth, Wind, and Fire, maybe 74-75??