Tim Tim is offline

Default Later all Time to go to a NYE gig.

wrote:
On Jan 2, 1:11?pm, Tim wrote:
wrote:
Watched a full length concert video of her. She is amazing. Sweet
music seems to ooze from her pores!

Speaking of....

a guy told me once, that you could always tell when you were listening
to a great blues band, because there was BBQ sauce oozing out of the
PA speakers....

Yep, and we've got some great blues and Q places around here!

You've got it made! There's nothing around my place to hear a good
blues band, that is unless I go 100 mi. to the St. Louis area then
there the blues joints seem to be a dime a dozen. I rememeber a couple
years ago I was in the St.L area and went down to the Broadway Oyster
Bar . It's a run down old place, or at least looks that way on the
outside. Inside it's blues bar in the front and cajun sea food in the
back. You walk into the place and you know they mean business.
Perfect!

The night I was there, the band was "Erma Bakker and the St. Louis All-
Stars" Erma was about 5'5", was about as round as she was tall,
verrrry black, and had a gold cross on one of her front teeth. Man
could she belt the blues! She had one of those magicly raunchy voices
that was perfect for that type of venue. Plus the lead guitarist could
handle a Strat like very much like Rory Galleger, and play slide like
Johnny Winter. I couldn't hang around long, but for about an hr. and a
half I was in 7th heaven.

In ways I wish that kind of thing was local shearly for the easy
access, but then again, it would probably get old if it was available
all the time next time I'm down there, I'll hit the place up again.

http://www.broadwayoysterbar.com/