druid druid is offline

Default Fuel consumption on Volvo MD6A?

On Jan 2, 12:27 am, Jere Lull wrote:
On 2008-01-01 17:02:57 -0500, druid said:

On Jan 1, 1:34 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
http://www.bcboatnet.org

Figure 3 or 4 hours to the gallon unless you are running it wide open.
Our old Westerly 28 had a 9 gallon tank and it used to last several
months.

OK... both you and Roger are leaning towards about 3 hrs per gal
conservatively. At 5 knots "cruise", a 12 gal tank would give me about
150 miles, with 2 gals reserve. Sounds OK (although I'll still get the
19 gal if I can get it to fit! The 12gal will definitely fit.)

druid

At 5 knots (not 5.5), you're probably in a good ballpark. Average speed
makes a real difference.

aYup!
Knotmeter says 5.5, pretty much 6 WOT, but 5 is more realistic for
navigation purposes. Once I win the lottery (or at least a scratch-n-
win...) and put in the 2GM20F, I'll use 5.5 (maybe even 6). And you're
right: that 1/2 knot makes a HUGE difference!

druid
http://www.bcboatnet.org