[email protected] thunder@TAKEOUTgti.net is offline

Default Handicapping Iowa...

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 08:04:02 -0800, Chuck Gould wrote:

That reduces me to voting for personal character. I'm absolutely opposed
to his politics, (fortuntately we're going to elect a POTUS, not a
dictator), but from the perspective of character and personal integrity
John McCain is definitely a front runner. Yeah, we would have to
overlook some past mistakes, but the only guy without a skeleton or two
in the closet is a guy who never accomplished anything.

For me, the two most important attributes in a Presidential candidate are
competence and honor, then, down the list, politics. Frankly, I'm not
sure which, competence or honor, is most important for me, but since it's
rare a candidate has either, I usually just end up going for the
candidate that comes closest to my politics. I keep thinking, 300
million people, and this is the best we can do?

Perhaps, Mike Bloomberg will run. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.
While I think he might make a good President, I'd vote for him because it
would send a strong message to *both* Republicans and Democrats, that we
don't need them anymore. I felt the same way about that chicken-****,
candidate one day, not the next, Ross Perot.