Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Handicapping Iowa...

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:48:47 -0500, DownTime
wrote:

I guess it depends on one's perspective. I see it as more a logical
correction, as the prices, especially here in SW Florida were just plain
ridiculous. Slump could be used to describe it by anyone who maybe has
suffered financially, which thankfully does not include me directly.

Not sure I am smart enough to know exactly who may be at fault, besides
I doubt everyone else but me cares about my opinion.

You are overlooking the root cause of inflated SWFL prices in the
first place: Easy lending standards which encouraged/fueled rampant
speculation. That started in the mid to late 90s and continued until
this year. The bubble began to burst 2 years ago after hurricane
Wilma convinced a lot of people to sell, and dried up the buyer pool.