HK HK is offline

Default Handicapping Iowa...

wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:46:32 +0000, Canuck57 wrote:

Why McCain? I view him as having too many back room allegiances and
special interests to be any good. But then again, I can't vote -- just
curious on US politics. Kind of like Ron Paul myself.

True, McCain was one of the Keating Five. He admits to "poor judgement",
which it was, but it also seemed to be a wake-up call. Since that time,
he has been a lead voice in campaign finance reform, and from my vantage
point, a straight shooter. While I don't agree with many of his stands,
I think he is one of the few honorable men in Washington.

A refresher in McCain's involvement in the Keating scandal:

http://www.slate.com/id/1004633/

Find me a clean major league politician and I'll show you a guy with a
wide stance in the men's room.

--
George W. Bush - the 43rd Best President Ever!