Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Fuel consumption on Volvo MD6A?

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 12:54:25 -0800 (PST), druid
wrote:

Next Project on my Crown 28 (it doesn't end, does it?) is a new fuel
tank. I have NO IDEA what the fuel consumption is - anybody have any
guesses? (One reason I'm replacing it is that there's no way to
determine how much fuel there is the tank) If not the MD6A
specifically, what figures would I expect for an old 10hp 2-cyl? I
know my new M25XPB cruised at about 0.7 gph. This engine is 1/2 the
size, but a lot older.

Any help?
druid
http://www.bcboatnet.org

Figure 3 or 4 hours to the gallon unless you are running it wide open.
Our old Westerly 28 had a 9 gallon tank and it used to last several
months.