Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default January 1 - It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 13:01:45 -0500, "Roger Long"
wrote:

It probably wouldn't hurt to add a few lessons at a Scuba shop to that list
if you aren't already certified. I believe you can damage your lungs from
depths less than the draft of the average cruising boat if you forget to
exhale on the way up.

At my age, forgetting to breathe is not usually a problem. I spent
some time practicing in the swimming pool before taking the big
plunge.

I've heard 6 feet mentioned as a critical depth. Unless I go to the
bottom of the keel for some reason, I'm usually at no more than 2 or 3
feet under - just about the right depth for cutting lobster pot lines
off of the prop shafts. ;-)

I worry more about getting smacked on top of the head by the boat.