Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default January 1 - It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 07:10:36 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I've seen the hookah style underwater breathing apparatus in use a few
times by fellow cruisers, that seems like a great tool for working
under the boat. We plan to get one in the near future.

I built one last year for a fairly reasonable cost and it works well.
Key ingredients a

1. An oil free compressor.
http://www.toolbarn.com/product/thomas/1020-T/

2. A 6 ft high temperature "heater hose" with filter screen and quick
connect. Special order from Brownie's http://www.browniedive.com

3. A 50 ft extension hose with quick connects (any dive shop).

4. An inexpensive 2nd stage (low pressure) regulator (any dive shop).

In addition you'll need a weight belt, mask and an inexpensive wet
suit with hood. A suction cup gripping device is also useful.

The Thomas compressor is 110 volt and can be run from either an
inverter or generator. It has other useful purposes such as
re-inflating fenders and blowing out clogged lines.