Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Roll Stabilization Tanks

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:53:18 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 20:53:17 -0600, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

Just for the sake of argument, lets assume 400 total gallons and a
natural roll period of about 3 seconds. Given a 5 degree roll, most
of that water would have to flow to the downhill tank in about 1.5
seconds if I'm conceptualizing this correctly.

My first shot, off the top: two 30 in diam smooth pipes

That's much too big of course. Can you take us through your
calculations? It would take a large rectangular tunnel to achieve
that much cross sectional flow area without creating an unworkable
obstruction on the flybridge.

I looked up a table of flow rates for smooth pipes of various
diameters on Google and scaled to a flow rate of 12000 gal/min

Brian W