Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Roll Stabilization Tanks

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 20:28:13 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

I was thinking of buying a couple of fiberglass dock boxes from West
Marine and cross connecting them with PVC pipes. The system could be
tuned by restricting flow or adding additional pipes. I have no idea
how to calculate optimal starting pipe size(s) however.

Just for the sake of argument, lets assume 400 total gallons and a
natural roll period of about 3 seconds. Given a 5 degree roll, most
of that water would have to flow to the downhill tank in about 1.5
seconds if I'm conceptualizing this correctly.

My first shot, off the top: two 30 in diam smooth pipes

Brian W