Default And after the trip...

"Dan" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
had my brand new F-150 Lariat Special Edition towed back from
Greenville RI to the dealer in Webster, MA because...

The brakes failed - as in F A I L E D - causing me to avoid a massive
collision by jumping a curb and heading into the pucker brush.

Then, to add insult to injury, when I restarted the engine after it
stalled out, a horrendous noise and oil smoke started to pour out from
under the hood. Brand new engine to boot.

In a nut shell, this truck is a piece of s##t. This is the sixth
major failure in 20 thousand miles.

No, I'm not buying a Toyota so don't even suggest it.

Right. Why be happy? What would be the point? Sure, Toyotas need service
like any other vehicle, but they tend not to have STUPID problems like
Fords.

I have four F150's - 2004 to 2006. What sort of problems have you seen?
Other than routine maintenance, they have been fine.

Dan

posted yesterday about a drug or booze-related engineering disaster in a
Ford.