Default And after the trip...

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

You'd think the domestic manufacturers would have the comon pickup truck
perfected by now.

Why? JC Penney ruined the design for perfectly good white cotton
undershirts. Why can't manufacturers just leave a good thing alone, if or
when they find a design that works?

In the engineering/design world it's called the "not invented here"
syndrome and mechanical design engineers are the worst of the lot. If a
sub-section of an assembly has been perfected over the years, works fine,
lasts a long time, but the current engineer was not responsible for it's
development and design, he/she will attempt to change it.

I fought that battle for years in the business I was in. My son continues
the battle to this day.

Eisboch

It should be punishable by death without a trial. An undershirt is like a
gallon of milk. I just want to walk in and buy it. I don't want to have to
do research.