ray lunder[_7_] ray lunder[_7_] is offline

Default Buying a boat in a foreign land?

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:51:33 GMT, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:40:37 -0800, ray lunder
wrote:

I see some sailing vessels offered at seemingly remarkable bargains
but they are in Mexico. So how do you go about
buying/registering/documenting boats like this? My money is in us
banks at present. Thank you for your time.

My son spotted a cruiser at an off-shore island of Cancun.
The fellow who had sailed it there, died.
His widow wanted to sell it off, but couldn't sell it there
(apparently) so wanted it brought back and sold.

My son in Texas was all fired up to pay the bargain price, but an
ex-pat on the spot liked what he saw and bought it as a US transfer.

Shucks!

Brian W

So what's a US transfer?