Jack Redington Jack Redington is offline

Default And after the trip...

D.Duck wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

D.Duck wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message
On Dec 27, 11:56 pm, BAR wrote:

Tim wrote:

Off a vacuum pump.

No pump, vacuum from the intake manifold is the source.

When did ford start pulling a vac, from the intake manifold? AFAIK,
they've always used a pump

Maybe you are thinking of the "air" pump that was installed in all cars
to inject clean air into the exhaust to "improve" emission readings.

Engine vacuum has been used for years for power brakes and on older
car's features like flip-up headlights and even the windshield wipers
(on really old cars).

Eisboch

Didn't you just love it when you stepped on the accelerator and wipers
slowed or stopped?

Only when going uphill, if memory serves.

--
George W. Bush - the 43rd Best President Ever!

Up hill was the worst case scenario but even flat land heavy acceleration
was a problem. It did seem to vary somewhat depending on the car brand.

I had a 39 Chevy Master 85, when you hit the brakes the wiper would
slow. The harder you hit them the slower they got. When hitting the gas
they would start racing bepending on how much you gave them. It didn't
seem to matter is one was going up hill or not as far as I recall. But
then I got rid of the car in the mid 90's and had not driven it for a
while before that.

Capt Jack R..